Where did the sheep get tap shoes????
|
Thursday, December 15, 2005
 
And now ladies and gentlemen, it's time for Name That Christmas Carol!
I figure it's been since May since I've run the music trivia...but now it's time to spruce it up and make it holiday themed! Okay, so maybe I've taken this whole holiday spirit a bit far, but who cares? What's with this world and it's holiday cynicism anyway??
There are going to be some traditional carols mixed in with recent songs written...just a warning. :)
So now, you know the drill...

1. Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree, won't mean a thing if you're not here with me. Elvis - Blue Christmas
2. Want a plane that loops the loop, I still want a hula hoop! Alvin & the Chipmunks - The Christmas Song
3. Pray ye dutifully prime, your matine chime ye ringers, May ye beautifully rhyme, your evetime song ye singers. Ding Dong Merrily on High
4. She's candy apple red with a ski for a wheel, And when Santa hits the gas man just watch her peel. Little Saint Nick
5. Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod? When you kiss the little baby, you've kissed the face of God? Mary Did You Know?
6. He came down to earth from heaven, who is God and Lord of all; And his shelter was a stable and his cradle was a stall. Once in Royal David's City
7. Son of God, love's pure light, radiant beams from thy holy face, with the dawn of redeeming grace...Silent Night
8. Christmas bells those Christmas bells, ringing through the land, bringing peace to all the world, and good will to man. Royal Guardsman - Snoopy's Christmas
9. The choir of children sing their song, they practiced all year long. Paul McCartney & Wings - Wonderful Christmastime
10. Presents and cards are here, my world is filled with cheer and you. This Christmas
11. Fall on your knees, O hear the angels voices, O night divine...O Holy Night
12. See how the shepherds summoned to his cradle, leaving their flocks draw nigh with lowly fear. O Come All Ye Faithful
13. There be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting and caroling out in the snow. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
14. And what have we done? Another year over, a new one just begun. John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War is Over)
15. From God our heavenly Father, a blessed angel came, and unto certain shepherds brought tidings of the same. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
16. Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of rubbish imaginable mangled up in tangled knots! You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
17. Snowflakes in the air! Carols everywhere! Olden times and ancient rhymes, of love and dreams to share. Vince Guaraldi - Christmastime is Here
18. I won't ask for much for Christmas, I won't even wait for snow. I'm just gonna keep on waiting, underneath the mistletoe...Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas is You
19. Do you wonder as you watch my face, that a wiser one should have had my place? Amy Grant - Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)
20. If I were a shepherd I would bring a lamb, if I were a wise man, I would do my part, but what I can I give him, give my heart. In the Bleak Midwinter
21. Our bread it is white and our ale it is brown, our bowl it is made of the white maple tree, from the wassailing bowl, we'll drink unto thee! Glouchester Wassail
22. I wanna wish you a merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart! Feliz Navidad
23. Glory! sang the angel chorus, Glory! echoed back the night, love has come to walk among us, Christ the Lord was born this night! Michael W> Smith - Anthem For Christmas
24. They should never give a license, to a man who drives a sleigh and plays with elves...Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
25. So climb down the chimney, turn on the brighest string of light I've ever seen, Slice up the fruitcake, it's time we hung some tinsel on the evergreen bough. We Need a Little Christmas (best version done in Muppet Family Christmas, of course!)

Not all of the songs are going to need an artist attached to them, so mostly the title is important, but bonus points if you can get an artist (especially for contemporary songs)....Good luck!!! ;)


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com