Where did the sheep get tap shoes????
|
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
 
I hate these...
I hate when I have to write a blog because I'm sad.
Today I'm sad, because I received the kind of news I hate to receive.
A very close family friend died about 2 weeks ago of an apparent heart attack while traveling for business in Germany. He was 52 years old.
Those things make me sad because people who are that young (in the grand scheme of things) shouldn't die of a heart attack. They shouldn't die at all. This is the 2nd time in a year that someone who is just over 50 has died...and that is too young.
Gary was our tenant for a few years, long ago back when I was little. He used to throw Christmas presents down the back stairs and then run up the stairs like we didn't know it was him anyway. He used to watch our cat, Bear, when we were gone, and she would wander upstairs and visit him even when we were there because he would feed her people food (such as ice cream). He was the one who christened her "Hoover". He used to play his piano for me sometimes, and he was really involved with his church music.
It's been many years since he was my parents' tenant, but he still came by to visit periodically. He came to my high school graduation party and would often crash the block parties.
It's hard to think that someone like Gary could be gone. He wasn't sick, he wasn't old. But it was his time, I guess.
I hate thinking about it.

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
John 14:2-3 NIV
RIP Gary, you are home now, but you will truly be missed here.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com