Where did the sheep get tap shoes????
|
Thursday, December 14, 2006
 
Happy Holidays my ass!!!
Pardon the foul language but I have gotten to my boiling point with this political correct bullshit. I think this subject has been hashed by some of my other friends and I don't want to steal their thunder but this is starting to work my nerves.
It is now time for our society to step back and realize just how ridiculous the term "politically correct" has gotten.
This War on Christmas is getting out of hand.
There is no reason to call a Christmas tree a HOLIDAY tree. Call it by it's name and HOLIDAY TREE is NOT it's name. I mean, if you want to call me the Duchess of Rosendale, go ahead, but I'm not the Duchess of Rosendale....mostly because Rosendale doesn't have a duchess for real and also because I'm just NOT the Duchess of Rosendale ... I don't even LIVE in Rosendale!!! Or call me the Queen of Kazakhstan. I don't care, because I'm neither the Duchess of Rosendale or the Queen of Kazakhstan! You might as well just call me what I am....Lauren.
Put up your damn Christmas decorations if you want to. Who cares if you insult other people???? Why should the fact that you put up Christmas decorations in a public place insult other people?? My place of employment was one of the first to put up our CHRISTMAS tree. If someone had told us that they were offended and that we should take it down, I'm pretty sure I would have laughed really hard and said No. We also have a big CHRISTMAS wreath up (complete with a viola in the middle of it...would have been a violin but the violin looked too small). We also have CHRISTMAS ornaments, and CHRISTMAS music playing all day long. We have lots of CHRISTMAS music books. If any of us were Jewish, maybe we'd have a few Hanukkah songs playing. I have no problem with that if any of my coworkers were Jewish. Play with dreidals, I don't care!!! Light the menorah, whatever!!
You know what, last time I checked the United States was all for freedom of religion. You can either celebrate or choose not to celebrate whatever holiday you choose. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa...I don't care! Celebrate what you want, and I'll celebrate what I want! But I am going to go sing Christmas carols, wrap Christmas presents and put up my Christmas tree...and don't tell me that it offends you because I don't care. If my neighbor were to start lighting their menorah (I don't have any Jewish neighbors that I'm aware of), go ahead! Celebrate your holiday! More power to you! I am NOT offended by people celebrating Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, so why should anyone be offended that I am celebrating Christmas because I am a Christian and believe in celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.
Enjoy your holiday! Watch wonderful Christmas movies such as The Muppet Christmas Carol or It's a Wonderful Life or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...whatever your little heart desires. Go to church and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. Make cookies, sing Christmas carols and drink eggnog. Whatever Christmas traditions you have, celebrate them and embrace them. Do not let society tell you to be more politically correct. Our lives are centered around politically correctness, let this be one thing that you are not politically correct about!
And if anyone tells you that your Christmas celebrations offend them, tell them to blow it out their rear end. I'm sure that's not very PC either, but I'm not about being PC right now.
To everyone: A MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com